Bright & Chunky Fowler Original Bakelite Bangle, Upcycled 80+ Year Old Bakelite Sourcing
This bangle bracelet is an original art creation from renowned Portland, Oregon based restorer and jewelry designer Jesse Fowler.
A very special piece! Brilliant, Chunky Laminate style, Light catching golden yellow, Lush green, and a very special marbled brilliant blue & white. Who know color like that could be hiding under that aged oxidized Bakelite patina!
- All Fowler pieces are one-of-a-kind completely unique works.
- Designed, hand-crafted, and sourced from vintage authentic 1930s-era Bakelite.
- Bakelite naturally develops patina over time from oxidization of this War Era pre-plastic. Fowler first restores the material back to its original glamorous shine using proprietary hands-on and chemical-free techniques before crafting original pieces from these restoration.
BAKELITE HISTORY: Bakelite is material with its own incredible intrinsic historical context and value, First developed in the late 1920s, this material quickly became ubiquitous in virtually endless manufacturing uses. During World War II when citizens were being asked to turn in metal objects and more to aid in the war efforts, Bakelite became THE material for making jewelry. It was a affordable and could be made into virtually any color, carved into shapes to imitate marble or jewels, and so much more. Bakelite became style, and is again. All Fowler pieces are made from repurposed items made of Bakelite or from unused factory stock, abandoned, intended for finishing decades ago but never used, until Now!
- Width: 1.25-inches; 33-mm
- Outer Diameter: 3.4-inches; 85-mm
- Inner Diameter; 2.75-inches; 70-mm