Fowler Designer Bangle, Sourced Restored Authentic Vintage Bakelite "Advanced Style" Chocolate Gold
Original signed art Bakelite creation from renowned Portland, Oregon based restorer and jewelry designer Jesse Fowler.
Made for stacking or wearing alone, a gorgeous haute couture designer piece to help make your ensemble.
Laminated Chocolate Brown, Golden Daffodil and Milky Chocolate Swirl. Small Cherry Red surprises reveal themselves as well. Luxury standout colors throughout.
- All Fowler pieces are one-of-a-kind completely unique works.
- Designed, hand-crafted, and sourced from vintage authentic 1930s-era Bakelite.
- Bakelite naturally develops patina over time from oxidization of this War Era pre-plastic. Fowler first restores the material back to its original glamorous shine using proprietary hands-on and chemical-free techniques before crafting original pieces from these restorations.
Jesse Fowler's creations are coveted the world over by Period Fashion lovers, Rockabilly & Swing folks, and now, Advanced Style Fashionistas.
- Width: 1-inches; -mm
- Outer Diameter: 3.25-inches; 74-mm
- Inner Diameter; 2.5-inches; 65-mm
BAKELITE HISTORY: Bakelite is material with its own incredible intrinsic historical context and value, First developed in the late 1920s, this material quickly became ubiquitous in virtually endless manufacturing uses. During World War II when citizens were being asked to turn in metal objects and more to aid in the war efforts, Bakelite became THE material for making jewelry. It was a affordable and could be made into virtually any color, carved into shapes to imitate marble or jewels, and so much more. Bakelite became style, and is again. All Fowler pieces are made from repurposed items made of Bakelite or from unused factory stock, abandoned, intended for finishing decades ago but never used, until Now!